- ½ Large Firm Beefsteak Tomato
- ¼ cup Diced Onion
- 1 Small Spaghetti Squash
- 4 – 6 oz. Shrimp
- 1 tbsp. Basil
- 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- Dash Onion Powder
- Dash Lime Juice (optional)
- Course Ground Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Poke holes in squash and bake whole for about 40 minutes
- Peel & devein shrimp
- Dice tomato
- Place tomato, onion & seasonings in skillet with splash of olive oil – sauté till tomatoes are just slightly softened.
- Add shrimp, toss and cover. Sauté till shrimp are pink and plump. Tomatoes should still be slightly firm.
- Remove from heat and toss the spaghetti squash in the leftover juices from the sautéed tomatoes and mix the juices in real well, let it simmer for just a bit. Don’t let tomatoes get cold.
- Drain excess juices of the spaghetti squash and serve.
Serving Suggestion & Tips:
- Serves 1
- Measure 1 cup of spaghetti squash and place on center of plate, top with tomato basil sauce and shrimp, sprinkle a little lime juice and enjoy.
- Will freeze well.