- 1 ½ lb. Beef Filet or Sirloin
- 1 small Onion
- 1 small Jalapeno
- 1 each Bell Pepper Variety
- 1 Large Firm Beef Steak Tomato
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Course Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Season Beef with ½ tsp. Pepper
- Slice Onion & Bell Peppers into Sized Strips
- Chop Jalapeno
- Dice Tomato
- In Large Heavy Sauce Pan, and on Medium High Heat, heat 1 tbsp. Olive Oil and add Steak.
- Cook for 5 minutes turning once to brown both sides.
- Add onion and enough water to cover ingredients.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered for about 1 hour or until meat is falling-apart tender. Add water as needed to ensure it doesn’t go dry.
- (tougher cuts will require longer times)
- Remove Meat from pan, strain & reserve liquid.
- Discard onion.
- Shred beef and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil over medium-high heat.
- Add Jalapeno and Pumpkin Pie Spice, cook briefly till fragrant. (about 30 seconds)
- Add Bell Pepper Strips, tomatoes, 2 cups of reserved liquid, meat and remaining pepper.
- Mix well, cook for 5 – 10 minutes more to heat through.
Serving Suggestion & Tips:
- Serves 4
- Recommend serving with Roasted Turnips or Mashed Cauliflower
- Try it with Chicken!
- Should freeze well for later use, though peppers may lose their firmness.