- 3-4 large stuffing sized fresh Poblano Chile Peppers
- 3 Anaheim Chile Peppers
- ¾ lb. Tomatillo
- 1 medium Onion
- 2/3 cup Red Bell Pepper
- 4 Green Onions
- 3 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 3 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 skinless boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Low/No Sodium Added Chick Broth
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- pinch black pepper
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Roast Anaheim chili peppers for about 25 minutes until the skins can be easily removed.
- Remove skin and chop pepper.
- Slice chicken into thin strips.
- Cut tops off poblanos and remove seeds.
- Reduce oven heat to 375°.
- In medium saucepan, combined chopped peppers with tomatillos, onion, red pepper, green onion, cilantro, oregano and garlic.
- Stir in chicken broth, and heat to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken thoroughly, careful not to burn.
- Finely chop chicken and add to saucepan of veggies. Mix well, pour off any extra broth.
- Fill poblanos with chicken mixture, and place in oven for 25 – 30 minutes, or until poblanos become tender.
Serving Suggestion & Tips:
- Serves 3-4 depending on size of poblanos.
- Should freeze well, but will need to thaw before re-heating so you don’t ruin the pepper.
- Great main course, can be served alone or with a nice dense salad.