- 6 oz. Home Made Salsa Verde (HOT! if you like)
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Jalapeno (if you didn’t use HOT! Salsa)
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 ½ lbs. Ground Chicken
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp. Reduced Sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. Home Made Barbecue Sauce (see our recipe)
- 12” Tin Foil
- 1 ½ tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 ½ tbsps. Home Made Taco Seasoning (see our recipe)
- ¼ cup Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Use 5×9 loaf pan lined with parchment so it won’t stick.
- Chop onion to almost minced.
- Chop cilantro.
- In skillet over medium heat, sauté jalapeno, onion and garlic till the onion is translucent (5 – 8 min).
- Mix the ground chicken, egg, taco seasoning, Worcestershire and cilantro.
- Place in loaf pan, and shape so evenly distributed in pan.
- Brush home made BBQ sauce over the loaf.
- Take the foil and fold it in half and place it like a tent over loaf pan (keeps BBQ from burning).
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, till the juices run clear and internal temps hit 170°.
Serving Suggestion & Tips:
- Serves approx. 4 @ 4-6 oz. per serving (some reduction is expected during cooking process).
- Will freeze well.
- Serve with Broccoli & Tarragon Mashed Cauliflower for a meal the whole family will enjoy!