- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 whole lemon
- ½ medium red onion
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ cup Italian parsley
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- sea salt to taste (optional)
- nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Break cauliflower into evenly sized florets.
- Slice onion very fine.
- Chop parsley leaves.
- Place cauliflower in baking dish and drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Season lightly with sea salt and pepper, toss to coat and roast for 20 – 25 minutes till fork tender and lightly browned. Flip once for even browning.
- While cauliflower is roasting, heat a large skillet and add remaining olive oil and garlic. Sauté till fragrant and lightly browned, transfer to a serving bowl.
- Grate the lemon zest and add with the parsley to the garlic in the bowl, tossing to coat.
- Add onions to the skillet, cooking till tender, stirring frequently.
- Add red pepper flakes, if using, and squeeze in the juice of the lemon.
- Continue cooking till most of the lemon juice has evaporated.
- Add roasted cauliflower and toss.
- Sprinkle the parsley and garlic mixture over cauliflower and season with black pepper and nutritional yeast.
Serving Suggestion & Tips:
- Serves 6
- Will not freeze well.
- Use as a side dish with your favorite meat dish and enjoy!
- Feel free to add other Italian herbs to enhance the flavor.