- 1 Head Broccoli
- 1 Orange, peeled and seeded
- Stevia to taste if desired, original recipe called for orange juice, this is modified to use just natural orange.
- Pinch Paprika
- Cut stem from broccoli and slice into 2mm slices (about ½ cup worth)
- Peel orange and remove as much white as possible, put in NUTRiBULLET® or Vitamix® and puree.
- Chop broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces.
- Place orange juice into saucepan, heat over medium heat and add stem slices. Simmer till stems are tender.
- Remove from heat and place back in NUTRiBULLET® or Vitamix® and add Stevia if desired, then Puree again.
- Steam broccoli florets till desired tenderness is reached, rinse with cold water to stop cooking and drain
- Place broccoli and puree back into saucepan and heat to just about a boil, and remove from heat.
Serving Suggestion & Tips:
- Serves approx. 4 (4 oz. broccoli per serving + sauce)
- Freezer friendly.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of paprika for a colorful display.
- Please note, this will count as a partial fruit serving so adjust your daily meal plan accordingly.