- 2 large European cucumbers (about 32”)
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp. minced scallions
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. dill
- ½ tsp. basil
- Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise and cut out seeds, then cut into lengthwise strips about 3/8” wide.
- Cut into 2” pieces.
- Place vinegar, salt and Stevia into large Ziploc baggie and shake to mix well.
- Place cucumber strips in bag, remove as much air as possible and seal.
- Allow to marinate for 30 – 90 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Remove cucumbers from brine and pat dry with towel.
- Season your favorite baking dish with olive oil.
- Add scallions, herbs and cucumbers to dish. Using pastry brush, spread olive oil onto cucumbers, sprinkle with pepper and place in oven uncovered for about an hour. Take out and toss 2 – 3 times during process. Cucumbers should be tender-crisp.
Serving Suggestion & Tips:
- Serves 6, however, this is a “guilt free” vegetable so enjoy.
- Will not freeze well.
- Serve as a side dish with your favorite beef or chicken entree.