- 2 lbs. Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast Cutlets
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper
- 1 small Onion
- 1 28 oz. can No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
- ¾ cup Low/No Sodium Chicken Broth
- ¾ cup White Cooking Wine
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Course Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Garlic Cloves Sliced Thin Or Finely Chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/3 cup Coarsely Chopped Fresh Basil Leaves
- Nutritional Yeast to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Chop bell peppers into ¼” strips and cut in half.
- Coarsely dice onion.
- In large sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sear lightly on both sides to lock in moisture and begin the cooking process.
- Transfer chicken to plate and set aside.
- Add bell peppers, onion and garlic to pan. Sauté till onion is tender (3-4 minutes).
- Add cooking wine and simmer until reduced by half (2-3 minutes).
- Add tomatoes with their juice and oregano. Return the chicken to the pan.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes to help speed the cooking time.
- Transfer mixture to covered casserole dish and place in oven for 25 – 30 minutes till chicken is cooked through and fork tender. (Foil can be used if you don’t have an oven safe lid.)
- Garnish liberally with chopped basil.
Serving Suggestion & Tips:
- Serves 4-5
- Should freeze well for future enjoyment.
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast on top in place of parmesan cheese and enjoy!