- 2 lbs. green, white and/or purple asparagus, trimmed
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 20 oz. low/no sodium added chicken broth
- ½ cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. coriander
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- dash of nutmeg
- Chop asparagus into small ½ inch pieces – reserving some of the tops for garnish.
- Chop onion.
- In large pot, sauté onion till soft and translucent.
- Stir in coriander.
- Slowly whisk in chicken broth.
- Add chopped asparagus and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer soup base to your Vitamix® and puree till smooth.
- Return puree to sauce pan, add almond milk and heat through.
Serving Suggestion & Tips:
- Serves 4
- Should freeze well for future enjoyment.
- Top with a few asparagus tops and serve.
- Great afternoon lunch on a chilly day. Serve with your favorite grilled chicken and a dense salad.