- 2 large Bunches Collards
- 16 oz. low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large Leeks
- 1 tbsp. Chopped Garlic
- Cut or tear collard leaves off stems, and clean.
- Slice 2 pieces off the leek and reserve for garnish, dice rest of leek.
- Cut into 2 inch strips and place in large pot.
- Cover generously with vegetable broth, reserve 1/3 cup broth for later use.
- Heat pot to a low boil and maintain for about 20 minutes till collards are almost tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Place a tbsp. of oil in skillet, and over medium heat, sauté garlic for two minutes or unit tender.
- Remove garlic to bowl
- Add remaining oil and the diced leeks to pan and sauté until tender (about 10 minutes) careful not to brown
- Return garlic to skillet, add reserved stock and collards.
- Stir gently and thoroughly till collards are completely cooked. About 3 minutes.
Serving Suggestion & Tips:
- Serves approx. 6 @ 1 cup per serving
- Will not freeze well.
- Serve with a fish or beef entrée and steamed cauliflower.